Monitoring was carried out by JPIK Riau in August – September 2016.
The results of monitoring SVLK implementation conducted by JPIK Riau in September 2017 found that:
- SRL SRL is included in one of the 23 land burners subject to administrative sanctions for freezing licenses based on the press release of the Secretariat General of the Ministry of Forestry and Environment Number S.825 / PHM-1/2015 on December 21, 2015 concerning Government Sanctions for 23 land-burning companies.
- In September 2016, JPIK found SRL that was still carrying out harvesting and planting activities during the freezing period of permits from the Ministry of Forestry and Environment.
A complaint report was submitted to PT Sarbi International Certification on November 29, 2016. On November 30, 2016, PT Sarbi International Certification responded that PT Sumatera Riang Lestari Block IV had fulfilled an order based on Decree of the Minister of Environment and Forestry SK Number 511 / Men- LHK-Secretariat / 2015, namely:
- Termination of business operations since December 11, 2015.
- Complementing advice and strategies for managing land and forest fires.
- Manage B3 waste according to the provisions of the legislation.
- Make changes to environmental documents and environmental permits.
- Apologize publicly through Suara Pembaruan national media page 25, Wednesday, December 2, 2015.
Therefore, the suspension of Block IV of PT Sumatera Riang Lestari’s license was revoked on March 30, 2016 based on Decree of the Minister of Environment and Forestry SK Number 251 / Menlhk / Secretariat General / PHLHK.0 / 3/2016.