This monitoring is done by JPIK Jambi in May – June 2016.
Monitoring results indicate an indication of incompatibility:
- Verifier 3.1.2. No protected area information boards were found. In the area of PT WKS District 4, there is an area of 10 hectares with relatively good forest cover conditions. Information from the xxxx village community, the area is a protected area of PT WKS. However, there was no information board that explained that the area was a protected area.
- Indicator 3.2. The occurrence of severe fires in the 8th district of PT WKS during the long dry season in 2015 (at the coordinates S 01 21 31.4 E 102 43 46.5) showed that the availability of protection procedures, facilities, protection human resources, and the implementation of protection of forest areas was still very poor.
Verifier 4.1.3. There has been no regional boundary arrangement agreed upon by the company with indigenous peoples.
Verifier 4.2.3. PT WKS never conducted socialization to Pelayang Tebat Hamlet regarding the company’s obligations to the community of Pelayang Tebat Hamlet, Lubuk Mandarsah, Tebo Regency, Jambi.
Indicator 4.4. There are still conflicts between the company and the people of Singoan Village, Kembang Seri, Aro, Lubuk Mandarsah, and several other villages that have not yet been resolved. The availability of conflict resolution institutions from PT WKS is unknown to the public.
- The steep slope of the tributary of the Kuali is planted with Acacia plants. With such conditions, it should not be a production area, but a conservation area (Found at the coordinates of Location S 01 21 47.8 E 102 42 26.2). In addition, there are also many river borders found as production areas.
- As of May 2016, PT WKS’s legal case for state losses of 240 M (calculated based on the potential of natural timber stands and tax on first cycle harvest) is still not through a legal process.
- The construction of the bridge by PT WKS by stacking Akasia wood caused the flow of river water to be hampered. Found on location with coordinates: S 01 20 50.8 E 102 42 21.2
- The complaint report was submitted to PT TUV Rheinland Indonesia on September 19, 2016. For the report, PT TUV Rheinland Indonesia responded to a complaint report via email, that the material of the complaint submitted by JPIK Jambi would be the auditor’s attention in conducting surveillance audits on September 20-26 2016 and will discuss with JPIK Jambi. At the time the JPIK Jambi audit was conducted, it was unable to attend a discussion with the auditor of PT WKS.
After the surveillance audit, in accordance with the standards and guidelines for the implementation of PHPL performance assessment, LPPHPL publishes every issuance, change, freeze and revocation of S-PHPL on the LPPHPL website and the Ministry website no later than 7 (seven) calendar days after the decision is made. However, in January 2017 PT TUV Rheinland Indonesia has not published the results of the surveillance audit on the ministry’s website. For this matter, the JPIK National Secretariat sent a complaint report for the absence of publication on the SILK website to PT TUV Rheinland Indonesia on 11 January 2017.